APPLE is reportedly planning a secret event for April 15 where a new iPhone could be announced.
The tech giant often debuts new gadgets in spring – and this year looks set to be no different.
Apple Spring Event 2020 – when is it?
In 2019, Apple held an event on Tuesday, March 25 where we saw Apple Arcade and the Apple Card unveiled.
And the year before that – on Tuesday, March 27 – Apple held an event to unveil a new iPad.
Now Apple is once again rumoured to be hosting a spring event in 2020.
This event was previously predicted to be occurring on March 31 but may have been pushed back because of recent events.
Rumours now suggest it will happen on April 15, according to Cult of Mac.
Apple April 15 event news and rumours – what to expect
As always, Apple is keeping its announcements under tight wraps – but there are leaks aplenty.
The headline announcement is expected to be the iPhone 9.
According to insiders and experts, it will be a cheap phone retailing at just $399/£399.
To keep the cost down, Apple is said to be using the old iPhone 8-style design – rather than the newer iPhone 11 look.
And fancy features like Face ID facial recognition are unlikely to be included.
Another rumoured launch is of the Apple AirTags.
These Tile-style trackers are supposed to strap onto your belongings, letting you locate them via a smartphone app.
A very recent rumour suggests Apple is also working on some cheap new wireless earbuds.
These so-called AirPods Lite may not even exist – and even if they do, they could launch much later in the year.Still, there's hope for cash-strapped music fans.
Another audio gadget reportedly in the pipeline is a pair of premium wireless Apple over-ear headphones.
Apple already flogs fancy over-ears through its Beats brand, but a proper headphone version of the AirPods could be a winner.
Will there be anything else? It's hard to say at this point, but Apple does have a habit of making surprise announcements during launch events.
We won't know the truth until the day, so take all rumours and leaks with a pinch of salt for now.
iPhone tricks to try today
Here's some of the best…
- Typing cursor – When typing, hold down the space bar to turn your keyboard into a trackpad, letting you move around words and sentences more easily
- Close all Safari tabs – To do this in one go, simply hold the overlapped squares in the bottom right-hand corner, and press close all tabs
- Delete lots of photos quickly – Hold down on a photo and then drag your finger diagonally in Photos to select lots of images at once, then hit delete
- Convert currency quickly – Swipe down from the top of your Home screen (or swipe left to right on an iPhone X), then tap in the bar and type a currency (like $200) and it will automatically covert to your local currency
- Check if you're due a battery upgrade – Batteries inside smartphones degrade over time. Just go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, and check out the Maximum Capacity reading. Generally a battery is considered worn when you're down to 80% capacity. If you're below, you can buy a battery swap from Apple
- Move apps around faster – Hold an app until it starts wiggling, then (while still holding) tap other apps, causing them to stack so you can move them around easier
In other news, the 5G iPhone could launch later this year.
Find out how to block a number on iPhone.
And check out these amazing FaceTime tips and tricks.
What do you make of the upcoming gadgets? Let us know in the comments!
Source: Read Full Article