CALL of Duty: Warzone fans have had the popular "trios" game mode taken away from them for a second time.
Infinity Ward, which developed the Fortnite-style CoD spin-off, first removed the 3 vs. 3 mode earlier this month before reinstating it following fan backlash.
Now it appears the Los Angeles firm has wiped Trios from the game again.
Warzone itself is a new addition to Call of Duty's latest game Modern Warfare.
It's a Battle Royale game that is free for anyone to download – even if you haven't bought the main game.
Warzone frequently swaps out game modes to keep things fresh, but fans aren't always happy with the decisions.
Trios disappeared following the introduction of a new mode dubbed Scopes and Scatter Guns in a recent update.
That's also a 3 vs. 3 mode, and Infinity Ward seems to have decided to decided to swap it in in place of Trios.
Presumably this was a move to give the new game mode a chance, but it hasn't gone down well on social media.
On Twitter, one user wrote: "Haha the Warzone playlist update just dropped and they actually removed Trios again. Infinity Ward must be trolling at this point."
Another said: "Really don't get why InfinityWard have removed trios AGAIN after the backlash from quads. Really hope they re-evaluate this decision."
There's now word yet on when trios return, but with all the backlash gamers can expect its return in the near-future.
It's likely that Infinity Ward will bring the game mode back within a few weeks as part of a new update.
The Sun has reached out to Infinity Ward for comment.
Warzone is a new standalone Call of Duty game that’s free to play, even if you don’t own a copy of the shooter.
It launched last month and pits 150 players against one another in hectic large-scale battles.
Players form small squads or fight it alone and the new mode supports crossplay, which means people on PlayStation and Xbox will play against one another.
Games take on roughly the same rules as Fortnite, with 150 players dropping into a huge map where they fight to be the last man standing.
Call of Duty Warzone Solos – top tips
These are Activision's top tips…
- 5. Going Solo? Intel is Your Best Teammate. Along with paying attention to the Tac Map and Compass, be especially thorough about finding, and equipping, reconnaissance tools such as the Recon Drone, Heartbeat Monitor, and UAV.
- 4. Same Gulag. Same Player Count. No Buybacks. You only have one life to live in Solos. Make it count, both in the Gulag and out in Verdansk.
- 3. Consider Picking Up Contracts. This especially goes for Recon Contracts, as in Solos, the station capture time is halved compared to other modes. Complete Contracts and get Cash to further build up your loadout at Buy Stations.
- 2. … and Stay Down. Self-Revive Kits are in Solos. If it’s getting late into a game and you’re wary of an enemy after knocking them to zero health, double check that they are out for good before moving on.
- 1. Learn from Your Solos. While you may have less of a chance at winning Solos, take the lessons you learn into your next game with the squad. Who knows? A few Solos matches could be the difference between losing your next Battle Royale trios game and a hard-fought victory.
In other news, check out our guide to Call of Duty Modern Warfare season 3.
Call of Duty recently banned 50,000 Warzone players for cheating.
And here are some Warzone Plunder tips revealed by Pro gamer Spratt.
What's your favourite load-out in Warzone? Let us know in the comments!
Source: Read Full Article